Welcome to the AFP ICON 2022 Call for Session Proposals
BEFORE YOU BEGIN, PLEASE NOTE:
(1) Allow yourself the time (approximately 30-45 minutes) to complete the submission form.
(2) To save your proposal and edit later, you must select the "Save and Edit Later" option before exiting the portal.
(3) You must complete all edits to your saved proposal by July 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM (CST).
(4) To finalize your proposal submission to be reviewed by the ICON Education Advisory Committee, you must select the "Submit" option before exiting the portal.
(5) The Call for Session Proposal submission portal, will close on July 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM (CST).
AFP will notify you of the status of your proposal by October 1, 2021. Note: Each year AFP receives more proposals than can be accommodated in the ICON schedule. For the AFP ICON 2021 Virtual, AFP received 321 proposals and accepted 77 sessions for an acceptance rate of 23.9%. There are a variety of factors considered in selecting sessions including but not limited to: quality of proposal, number of other sessions on same topic, expected level of interest by attendees, gaps in sessions related to fundraising knowledge domains, and hot topics impacting/influencing the profession and/or the sector at the time. After notifications are sent, AFP will provide reviewer feedback on proposal submissions to the lead speaker (the lead speaker is the individual that submitted a proposal).
5) Session Format – AFP encourages different session formats and styles to share information and engage attendees (not the traditional podium and PowerPoint presentations). Interactivity is key!!
6) Session Technology – AFP provides a laptop, LCD projector, screen, and microphone in every session room; availability of Internet connections will vary by conference site. All education sessions (except pre-conference workshops) will be audio-recorded.
7) Session Slides & Handouts – Speakers must use the approved AFP template for session presentation slides. Speakers are required to submit power point slides and session handouts in advance of the conference, so that attendees can view and print ahead of time. AFP does not enable onsite copying or other distribution.
8) Complimentary Registration (Limited to 4 speakers per session) -- Conference sessions are generally considered contributions to the profession. Speakers who abide by all obligations and deadlines will receive complimentary registration for duration of the conference.
9) Additional Guidelines – All speakers must abide by the Speaker Policy and Guidelines, and electronically agree to the Speaker Policy via the Speaker Service Center (SSC).
• By participating in the conference, speakers agree that their session(s) may be recorded and/or streamed and sold by AFP, with no monetary benefit or revenue share accruing to the speaker.
• Speakers may not promote their organization, products or services as part of their presentations. Sessions and session content—including sponsored sessions—must be of an educational nature only.
• Book authors may use and reference their books during sessions but may not sell anything. Any author wishing to make direct sales must rent exhibit space.
• If content being presented is not original, it is the sole responsibility of the speaker to get permission from the owner to present at AFP ICON.
• AFP is unable to provide financial compensation to speakers beyond the complimentary conference registration. However, we have set aside a limited pool of dollars to help defray travel expenses for those who express a need.
Back to Top